The Abuja Police command has confirmed the arrest of 8 armed robbers in Response to Several reports of armed robberies around Apo and Mabushi Axis of Abuja and the recent robbery in the House of Mr Nasir Yusuf, a staff of Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) on 22/1/18 where 2 vehicles, a Mercedes Benz E350 with chasis number WDBUF87X78B193442, Ford escape jeep 2.0 with Chasis number 1FMCUOG9XDUC00691 and other expensive valuables and Gadgets in the house were carted away.
Between 01/02/2018 and 13/02/2018 During unrelenting follow up by operatives of the Intelligence Response Team IRT deployed by IGP Ibrahim Idris to bring The Armed robbers to Justice, Eight (8) of the Armed Robbers including the receivers of the stolen vehicles who Specialized in Moving Robbed Nigerian Cars to Niger Republic were arrested. They all confessed to Multiple Robberies in Abuja and Mentioned the various roles each Gangmember played in all their Robberies.
The suspects arrested are:
(1) Felix iheanacho “m” age 37yrs- overall gang leader
(2)Emmanuel manase “m” age 29yrs- 2nd in command
(3) Daniel Talumun “m” age 26yrs
(4)Ibrahim Musa “m” age 32yrs
(5) Tayo oyemaki “m” age 24yrs
(6) promise Ruben age 25yrs
(7) Danjuma mustapha “m” age 29yrs notorious stolen car receiver in Abuja and transborder stolen car dealer
(8) Mustapha labaran “m” age 42yrs based in Katsina state and Specialized in Conveying Robbed Cars from Nigeria to Niger Republic.
3 TV sets and other items recovered. Serious efforts to recover remaining goods and the 2 stolen cars and others moved to Niger Republic in progress.