Joan Rivers was an old timer who was totally unknown to anyone under 30. She ruled the screens alongside other greats like Joans Collins and Elizabeth Taylor; but she refused to be confined to the past.
Turning herself into the queen of reinvention, she rummaged up a little group that includes her birth daughter and begun the internationally sensational show: Fashion Police.
It came at a time when social networking had possibilities of growth in the entertainment industry bursting at the seams, and entertainment became even bigger business than it had been- just by making celebrity that much attainable.
According to Rivers, she had hoped to have marginal success at the show, being so much older in age than the subjects of the show. Instead, it had been number one in many countries. “I didn’t want to do Fashion Police because I thought, this is stupid, this is beneath me, who wants to talk about fashion? It has taken off; we are the number 1 show in England on E. Who knew?”
Here are other Joan Rivers quotes- our favourites
1. I’m in nobody’s circle. I’ve always been an outsider
2. My husband wanted to be cremated. I told him I’d scatter his ashes at Neiman Marcus. That way, I’d visit him everyday.
3. Don’t tell your kids you had an easy birth, or they won’t respect you. For years I used to wake up my daughter and say, ‘Melissa, you ripped me to shreds. Now go back to sleep!’
4. I’ve learnt from doing your own show with Fox that people are not your partners if they are signing the checks. Whoever signs your paycheck is the boss, no matter what they tell you.
5. Elizabeth Taylor has more chins than the Chinese telephone directory
6. The first time I see a jogger smiling, I’ll consider it.
7. Everyone forgets comedians are actors. There’s no question about it. A Robin Williams cannot say the same line every night for 40 weeks and make it sound fresh unless he’s doing an acting job.
8. I wish I had a twin so I could know what I’d look like without plastic surgery
9. I blame my mother for my poor sex life. All she told me was ‘the man goes on top and the woman underneath’. For three years my husband and I slept in bunk beds
10. I’ve had so much plastic surgery, when I die they will donate my body to Tupperware. (Well, they didn’t)
Posted from WordPress for Android