Phone: 08024539410 | BBM: 5921A4A5
A fire outbreak which started on Monday night
around 8pm and extended to the early hours of
Tuesday morning has engulfed five buildings and a
sawmill in Oko-Baba area of Ebute-Metta, Lagos,
displacing over 5,000 persons and destroying
properties worth millions of naira.
According to a resident, a boy was preparing noodles
on the stove that night, close to where a generator
was, and suddenly an explosion occurred. The fire
began to spread to other buildings till it reached a
near by sawmill and other shops around.
No casualty was recorded but several persons
reportedly sustained injuries in the resultant